Week end progess
There was tons of progress during this week end in Association Subscribers Manager. We are quickly heading to the 3.0BETA1 release and as time pass I think that it will go all smooth !
First things comes first, it is all thanks to all Association Subscribers Manager's translators ! A huge thanks to Daniel Persson who's doing a lot to help me by taking care alone of his SVN part. As a bonus Association Subscribers Manager may be translated in Romanian but I am still waiting for translations files so I'll keep you update.
Now for code updates, during this week end I have made the following fix/improvements in Association Subscribers Manager :
- fix the bug 2778971
- finish the addon system
- add addon management interface to the settings window
- suppress the blinking in the passive popup windows
- change settings windows behavior to prevent users to remove items (email, fees, activities, etc.) by mistake. Now all those windows are disabled until users confirm or cancel the deletion
- add a default account for the update server (oss_user, oss_user_password)
- fix lots of errors issued at first run (mostly by setting better default values)
- fix UI bug which was allowing the edition of unselected members (now you have to select a member for the edition features to activate)
- fix a bug in the postal codes writing code (postal codes files were unconditionally written at application close, now it is done only if there was modifications)
- and the most important of all : I made a new splashscreen !
All this works leads to 3 important points :
- This week end was string freeze date, no new string will be added before the beta release (though I already spotted some error messages in need of modifications).
- This week end was feature freeze date. Until the beta release there will only be bug fix modifications, no new features.
- I officially call for artists and packagers. Association Subscribers Manager could really use its own icons theme (instead of borrowing Oxygen's ones), and I will need packagers for different GNU/Linux distributions and for Mac OS X.
See you later !